Valex Federal Credit Union would love to help students develop good financial habits with both a savings account and a checking account designed to grow with their needs. The earlier your child learns to manage personal finances, the more confident they will be when they are on their own.
Our Minor Savings account is the perfect way to begin learning about interest and thinking about long-term goals.
Our Student Checking is perfect for members in the 7th -12th grade with full features, top technology, and convenience in mind- all with the full support of a parent/guardian as a co-owner of their account.
Open a Minor savings account for children ages 0-17.
It's never too early to teach them how to save their money!
- Save for what is important to them
- Learn to manage their money
- Get the most out of their savings by earning interest
- No monthly service fees
- Easy transfer options for parents
- Minor Savings Rewards
- Open with as little as $25
- In-School deposit days for an added convenience
Student life is busy enough - accessing your money should be convenient and easy. Our goal is to help your student to learn responsibility while allowing them the independence to use their money too.
- Minimum Balance Fee waived while your student is at Holy Savior Menard
- Show your school spirit with your HSM-branded debit card
- Take advantage of Shared Branches and a network of co-op ATMs
- Fraud monitoring on all debit card purchases
- Enjoy mobile banking for balance inquiries
- Receive text alerts for all the things that matter to you
- Easily deposit checks with mobile deposits
- Transfer to and from other accounts using Zelle
- Set up direct deposit for their first job
In School Visits
We will come to you! Our in-school visits allow students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to check balances, make deposits and ask questions regarding the accounts you have with Valex.
Branded Debit Card
Available exclusively at Valex FCU with your student checking account is our school-branded debit card.
Show your school pride all over town while having access to your account anywhere VISA is accepted!
Contact Shannon Taylor at 318-443-1200 ext. 107 or email Shannon@valexfcu.org to get started today!